Education Isn't all about sitting in a classroom
- Published on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 12:13
Thanks to wonderful work done by Mr. Pat Sheehan (many of whom you know and can thank) there are a number of Education Services provided by him, with specific remit for Survivors.
Whilst Pat is not a direct employee of ROP/SC, we work with him to deliver education services to Survivors in the Cork Region, where the availability and deman allows.
So, have a look here and see what information, services and support you may be eligable for; If you are interested, please call the centralised office, or alternativelty contact Pat directly himself, who will be only to willing to assist with any Eduicational needs you may have
Adult Education is more open than it has ever been.
Many adults go on courses for different reasons, some of which are:
- A person wants to learn about computers, the internet, e-mailing, booking holidays, keeping in touch with relatives and friends abroad, using Skype
- Learn to use mobile phone and how to text
- Wants to pay Motor Tax online or practise the Driving Theory Test.
- Wants to improve their chances of finding a job or a better job
- Wants to improve their reading, writing, spelling, filling out forms
- Wants help with numbers
- Personal Development Course
- Wants to improve their communication skills
- Wants a hobby
There are now more opportunities than ever in education. There are more courses available. There are more places offering courses such as Community Centres, Adult Education Centres, Colleges for Adults.
There are a few places available in the Art Class which takes place every Thursday Morning in Cork City
If you want any help for yourself or any of your relatives finding a course or advice on a course, or on funding and fees, a good place to start would be to contact Pat Sheehan (ETB Education Facilitator) to make an appointment to see him. Pat works exclusively with Adults who were in the Industrial Schools and their relatives. The appointment can take place in the ETB offices in Lavitt’s Quay (formerly called VEC), in the Right of Place offices on the Lower Glanmire Road or at a more convenient location for you.
Contact Pat the following ways:
Phone Right of Place offices (021)4551377.
Phone Pat directly on (086) 0862978.
Phone the ETB offices on (021)4273377, ask for Pat or leave a message