Christmas - the most magical time of the year
- Published on Monday, 06 July 2015 13:44
Its the most wonderful time of the yeeaaarrrrr !!
"That was wonderful thank you so much. " - Survivor
Over Christmas we understand this can mean a happy time for a lot of people, but it can also be a difficult time for some. The memory of a lost loved one, a lonely time or feelings of isolation can exist.
After a request from a number of our clients we decided to put on a Christmas dinner for some. The unfortunate thing is that, we were again over subscribed and the meal was done with the intention of giving those most in need something back at Christmas time.
As a result, we had a sit down meal in our centre for 20 clients. and those who were on the list were given an explanation of the numbers we could only bring, but were happy in the knoweledge that they will get first refusal on the next outing/event.
It was a tremendous day for those that attended. There was a full dinner (still this many months on thinking about it), spot prizes kindly donated, a sing song at the end ( rudolph the red nos...... ye you get it. over.and.over again :) and special prizes given to us for the Survivors to give to their kids/grandkids from the world renowned (and Waterford based) Milton Bradley Board games.
"Brilliant time." - Survivor
At this point it would be impossible not to thank the many people who made the meal possible. So here are a few thank you's.......
- To Care of the Aged - thank you so much for the supply of a full dinner and desert (mmmm).
- To MB thank you so much for the 20 Board games that were donated to give as presents.
- To the individuals who donated small amounts of money for spot prizes thank you....
- Equally to our staff who donated money from their own pocket to provide a present for every Survivor in attendance - your generosity really knows no bounds.
All in all a wonderful experience and one that those present will never forget!!
"'Thank you for the present and the warm welcome" - Survivor
"This has officially made my Christmas - thanks so much! Cant wait for next year" - Survivor